Just a heads up this post is going to be pretty long!
Saturday I woke up and Kristen laid out a great spread for breakfast! I mixed 2 cereals and added blueberries and milk.
The conference was at Old Car Heaven. I loved the venue. It had a lot of old cars and cool décor.
The first speaker I chose to go to was Colleen Duffley. She is a professional photographer and works with Studio b. Studio b is in Florida and I really want to go take some classes there. It sounds like a great experience. Her session was on Camera-Phone Photography in other words “iPhoneography.” IPhones have so many great apps that can be used to take great iPhone pictures. Colleen has even done photo shoots for clients with her iPhone.
Here are some apps Colleen recommended to use to improve your pictures:
- Camera Bag
- Photoshop – I love this app!
- Best Camera
- Big Lens
- Slow Shot
- Pic Grungier
- Diptic – This is the app that I used to group the photos in this post. Totally worth the $0.99!
- Tilt Shift
- Turn off the flash on your iPhone camera and use another light source.
- Do not use overhead lighting.
- Use a mirror or foil to reflect light.
- Psychology of Color
- Red & Orange – stimulates hunger
- Yellow – sociable, but be careful yellow renders differently among monitors
- Brown – natural, calming, iffy when using around food
- Green – calming, aids in digestion
- Blue – appetite suppressant, do not use when talking about food
- Make text large and easy to read
- Make sure links within text are bold and stand out
- Use space don’t cram
I filled my plate with:
- Spaghetti Squash & Vegan (L.A.) Balls - Tossed in EVOO, Green Garlic-Tomato Sauce, Fines Herbs & Garnished w/ Artichoke Tapenade
- Spinach Salad with oranges, pomegranate seeds, fried goat cheese and some type of tasty vinaigrette dressing
- Some grain with butternut squash and mushrooms
- Sweet Soy Braised Short Rib
- Some type of broccoli salad with pomegranate seeds
- A piece of bread with some type of olive butter which I didn’t know had olives until I tried it and didn’t like it.
Food Celebrity Sighting! Justin Balmes from Food Network Star Season 7 was working the Roland sponsor table. I didn't want to be annoying and ask for a picture so I borrowed Kristen's picture. It would have been too weird and obvious if we were both taking creepy far off pictures in the same direction. So thanks Kristen for doing what needed to be done :)
After lunch the next session was Recipe Development with Virginia Willis. She has worked with many popular people and magazines such as Paula Dean and Country Living. I took so many notes at her session I am not going to post them since this post is getting long already. If you want them email me and I will send them to you!
I still have 2 more sessions to write about and the after-party at Good People Brewing Company so be on the look out for Part 3!
Other FBS 2012 Recap Posts: