Roasted Chicken and Balsamic Bell Peppers served with Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes
Adapted from Cooking Light
Makes enough for 4
Roasted Chicken and Balsamic Bell Peppers
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fat free balsamic dressing
- Preheat oven to 450°
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, garlic powder and oregano.
- Brush chicken with 1 1/2 tsp oil and sprinkle spice mixture over chicken.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp oil to a large skillet. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes or until browned.
- Turn chicken over and cook for 1 minute.
- Place chicken in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, green onions and rosemary. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, scrape pan to loosen browned parts on the skillet. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in balsamic dressing, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve bell peppers over chicken.
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 tbs mascarpone cheese
- salt to taste
- Put potatoes in a large boiler and cover with water. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until soft. Drain water off and return to boiler.
- Add milk, cheese and salt.
- Mash to desired consistency.
- Optional: sprinkle with parlsey